Each Reader charges for different reasons; some different and some the same in relation to my own. So I can't tell you why Readers as a whole charge because we're all different. But I can tell you why I charge for my Readings. Here's why:
- Knowledge & Experience: This isn't just something I learned over night. It took years of practice and studying. So I charge for my knowledge and experience. I'm sure 10 years from now I'll charge more than I do now simply because I know more. Why do you pay doctors? They know what the hell they're doing! Why do you pay teachers? They know their subjects!
- Time: It takes time to do a Reading. So the more time it takes me to do your Reading, the more I charge. Like the saying goes: time is money. Normally each of my e-mail Readings take about 20 minutes per question; so you can see how that adds up. A new type of Reading I have coming out soon we take literally a few hours to complete because of how detailed it is!
- Energy: Readings can be so draining! Sometimes it is only possible to do a few Readings a day if they're so draining. That's another reason why I charge what I do for my time. A more draining Reading will cost more because it means I don't have time for other Readings. Over time you do learn how to handle this to keep yourself from being drained so much, though.
- This is My Job: This is my job; my career. This is basically my only source of income. Every time someone asks me for a free Reading, they're asking me to take money away from my own family; that means less food, clothing, etc., for my own family. I'm sorry, but I can't do that. =[ I don't expect anyone out there to work for free so I shouldn't be expected to, either. Amateurs don't charge because they're still learning how to become a Professional. But sometimes you'll run into people that have been Reading for 25+ years and don't charge; but these people almost always have a steady job with a nice income. Reading isn't what they do full-time.
- A Reading is a Luxury, Not a Necessity: This is the hard truth, for some. I can't tell you how many times I've run into people that say I "need" to help them because they "need" to know. Being able to get insight in the form of a Reading truly is a luxury like going out to eat at a fancy restaurant, buying a new outfit, or taking a vacation! =] So, no, you don't "need" to know how your ex boyfriend that you haven't heard from in 5 years feels about you. You don't "need" to know how many times Mary Beth thinks of you daily. If I get something that I feel you truly "need" to know, I will pass it on to you.