My job as a Tarot Reader, Life Coach, Spiritual Adviser, and whatever else you may want to call me is to provide information to the answers you seek and the questions you ask. But there is so much more that I'm here for! I'm here to motivate you to make changes in your life. I want to help every client so they can help themself. All of the clients that I mentioned above with the various issues they may be facing all have one thing in common: they put all the weight on their shoulders and blame theirselves.
The first step is truly to start at the very beginning. Where do you think all of this is stemming from? From what I've seen, most times it steps from yourself. It's easy to think "Oh, I didn't get that job because I'm not good enough" or "Steve doesn't like me because I'm overweight" but is that really the culprit? Did you really get that job because you aren't good enough? Does Steve really not like you because of your weight? No. Let's take a closer look at this, shall we?
Stop blaming yourself for things. It's easy to take the blame. Stop doing it, though! Here's a little tip: negativity brings about negativity. If you're feeding yourself negativity, that's all you're going to get out of life! You need to compliment yourself. When you compliment yourself you'll feel better about yourself and life! So the next time you walk into an interview, your interviewer will know you're a positive person. They'll see it! You may just end up with that job! The next time you come across Steve you will glow like a star because you're happy about yourself! He will be more into that than worry about your weight. Trust me: any guy (or girl) worth your time would rather have a guy or girl comfortable about him or herself than someone that's the perfect figure. Positivity brings about positivity!
Okay, so where do you start with complimenting yourself? There are a few things I want you to do. I want you to admit one of each of the following to yourself (more would be better, though)!
- What do you like about your personality? Your personality is who you are. Maybe it's how kind you are or how you make people laugh! Or maybe it's how you don't take crap from anyone and are very independent! Whatever it is, admit it!
- What do you like about your physical features? This is how people see you. Do you love your eyes, your hair, or the way you look in that new bikini (even though you didn't wear it because it was a nude beach)? What is your favorite feature?
- What is something you're good at? This is your talent! Are you good at singing or baking? Or how about how you won that pie-eating contest? Can you write or compose music? Find something you like about yourself! Not only will it help you feel better about yourself, but it can also remind you that you have an outlet. An outlet is something you can do when you're feeling stressed or emotional. Some people like writing stories when they're down. Others like to cook!
- What is something you're proud of yourself for? Pride is being true to yourself. Are you proud that you always hold doors open for people? Or are you proud that you finished college? Or maybe you're proud of painting Aunt Lola's house over the summer (even though she kept trying to hook you up with her neighbor that's 15 years older than you). This is great for motivation as it helps you see what you've done!
- What is something you want to thank your body for? We abuse our bodies so much! Say thank you to yours! Do you want to say thank you to your body for continuing on even though you smoke a pack a day? Or do you want to thank you body for walking a mile every day for 15 years?
This can be applied to all areas of your life! By finding the good you're bringing out the good. I urge you to write down your compliments and post them either as a comment, on your own blog (and you can always link to your blog by commenting and I would love it if you linked to this post in your own so others can try), or by even posting it on Facebook! Here is a quick list I made up for myself:
- I like how I'm always willing to help others. I'm caring, loving, motherly, and protective. I always make people laugh and brighten their day!
- I love my eyes; they change colors to match my mood. I also love my lips and my feet! Oh, my hands are pretty too as well as my nails which are like rocks!
- I'm good as singing, writing stories, writing songs, composing music, and Reading Tarot Cards! I'm good at speaking French (parce qu'il est chouette) and reading music for the piano even though I haven't had a single lesson.
- I'm proud of myself for not giving up when it comes to what I want. I'm proud that I've always been able to find the silver lining in things. Remember that there is a positive and negative to everything!
- I want to thank my body for continuing on even after I've put so much junk food in my body and do very little physical activity. Thank you for bearing with me when I drank too much Dr Pepper or ate too much chocolate. I love you!